You are a class act, Armando Galarraga. Twice this week, I have been disgusted by ball players throwing tantrums at the plate and arguing over calls. That is what I would expect to see from a five year old, denied a Hershey bar at the supermarket, not what I want to see from a grown man who makes more money 99.999% of the world's population for playing a game.
I tip my Yankees cap to you, dear pitcher, for keeping it together during the game and in your subsequent barrage of interviews that made you a water cooler topic this past week.
That said, I'm glad the call wasn't overturned. It would have opened up a whole world of b.s., making it possible to dispute even the tiniest uncertainty. Sort of in the vein of the appeals process of the U.S. Justice System. And we all know how efficiently that works.
Pitching an almost perfect game is like being on The Price Is Right, it seems (Image/PicApp)
One final shout out to Chevrolet for their inspired PR move of giving Galarraga a new Corvette. As a PR girl, I appreciate a simple yet highly-strategic play that garners big attention for minimal effort. Reminds me of my days at HPR.
Two weeks worth of links below.
- The White Sox have some interesting walk-up songs: Chicago Mag
- Why do I feel like this is all A-Rod's fault?: NYT
- "See the grass, Cowgirls? Don't eat it." Does Jon Lovitz think his turn in ALOTO exempts him from paying for baseball tickets?: Radar Online
- Phillies phans: The classiness never ends: USAT
- You are not Andy Pettitte: The Onion
- Tap the Rockies: USAT
- I'd rather Andy save his arm for the important stuff than play this glorified ego-fest: NYT Bats
- I need a haircut too: YankeesPR TwitPic
- Brett Brett: The hotness and a wonderful person. This article made me tear up. Thanks for the link @YankeesInk: YES
- You mean he wasn't already retired?: USAT
- Of course my dear Jezzies had something to say about homosexuality in softball: Jezebel