...The Baseball Fairy gave to me: four targeted holiday gift guides!
Yahoo! Sports has some very random holiday gift guides up: one for Phillies Phans, one for Mets fans and one for Indians fans. Maybe because they need the most love? No, if that were the case, there would be one for Cubs fans too (Oh, there is. It was just posted yesterday...).
In the spirit of giving, here is my holiday gift guide for what to get Yankees fans. And by Yankees fans, I mean me:
1. Season ticket dugout seats: I shouldn't have to explain this one. I'd still like to go hang with my friends in the Bleachers, but these tickets will basically give me the option to go wherever I damn well please. And I deserve to sit next to the players more than Martha Stewart or Donald Trump. Please note that this gift should have two seats, so Ashley and I can yell "We love you, Mo!" and have him actually hear us at every game.
2. A Steuben Crystal Yankees Baseball: I have absolutely no need for this but that doesn't mean I don't want it. It's just so shiny and pretty, kinda like me.
3. A Yankees Apron: So I can keep my clothes flour-free when I'm baking Baseball Cookies. Or Behind-the-Dugout Cookies.
A Yankees Garden Gnome: I live in an apartment and have no plants on my terrace, hell, I kill plants, but this lil lady would look lovely atop my TV.
5. Yankees Class of '85 shirt: Dave Winfield, Donny Baseball, Willie Randolph...so many great faces! Aren't Etsy vendors so creative? I'd love a shirt from back when I was too young to really get the concept of baseball. Size medium, please.
6. Phillies Phans "Yankees Suck" Ornament: Yankees-hating Phillies phans are worse than angry Mets fans who at least have to share a city with the winningest team in sports history. I would like this, actually, a dozen of these, because sometimes, I just want to smash things.
7. Cafe Press Yankee Girl Underroos - Hella cute. I'd actually take any but the "I root for 2 teams..." pair. Let's keep it classy, afterall.
***It should be noted that I wrote this while wearing a tiara.
1 hour ago