Here are some things (11 things) to do to pass the time over the next 11 days:
1. Watch preseason Yankees ball on YES, admire the cute uniforms sans Pinstripes
2. Plan to watch preseason ball, forget and go to see Tina Fey's new movie instead
3. Iron all of your Yankees shirts, fold neatly, admire your Gap-worthy folding skills
4. Place bets on who the starting catcher will be (DHAB is offering 2-1 on Cervelli)
5. Massage Mark Teixeira's wrist for him (and then report back, please)
6. Watch NBA basketball (as IF!)
7. Watch every Simpsons baseball episode, and the two Blernsball episodes of Futurama for good measure; learn Dancin' Homer's "Baby Elephant Walk" jig
Dance, Dancin' Homer, dance! (Image/FOX)
8. Watch the World Baseball Classic, cheer for Puerto Rico...oh, wait...
9. Buy a new baseball cap. Yours is looking a little worse for wear and frankly, after the way the Yankees ended last season, is probably ripe with bad juju
10. Stock up on bargain peanuts, cracker jacks
11. Spend time bidding all of your non-baseball-loving friends a happy spring, summer and fall. See you in November!